Optimist Canada Day 150 (2017)
The entertainment is sponsored by the Government of Canada and will be on the PotashCorp Stage
July 1 Schedule
8 – 10 am Buffet breakfast ($9.00) - ($4 off breakfast coupon for first 500)
St. Mary Oskayak Troupe will be performing throughout the day in front of the Indigenous Village.
9 am Official ceremonies
10 am - 12:30 pm Multi cultural entertainment on stage (Sask Intercultural Association, First Nations Metis Group, Pavlychenko Folklorique Ensemble)
12:30 - 1:00 pm Citizenship Reaffirmation program presented by CIBC
1:15 - 1:30 pm Horizon 100 Bike Club
1:30 - 2:30 pm Idyll Wild
3 - 4:30 pm Jess Moskaluke
5 - 7 pm Francophone bands on stage
7:30 - 8:30 pm The 100th Meridian, Tragically Hip Tribute Band
9 - 10:30 pm Platinum Blonde
10:40 pm Fireworks presented by Potash Corp
Transportation & Parking
- There is no charge to enter the park.
- Free parking on the grounds at Prairieland park. Please follow the directions from Prairieland park attendants. Please be patient at the end of the evening. Saskatoon Police Service will be directing exit traffic on all streets in the area until the traffic has cleared.
- Ride your Bike. SEIU-WEST is sponsoring a free Bike Valet (secure bike parking) on the grounds. Ride your bike to and from, and don’t worry about traffic!!
- Ride the Bus for Free from 4 major malls to the park, and after the fireworks back to the malls. The Buses to the park will operate every 30 minutes between 12 and 2 and 4 and 8 pm. Then jump on a bus after the fireworks, they will be waiting on St Henry for you!
- Walk to the park….we just ask that you respect the restricted areas, which are the hot zone for fireworks, which is in place from 8 am to midnight.
- Amusement Rides
- Face Painting
- Fire Truck Display
- Canadian Forces Display
- Wyatt Race Vehicles Display