Optimist Canada Day
July 1 Schedule
8 – 11 am Buffet breakfast ($9.00)
9 - 9:45 Indigenous Dance & Drums - St. Mary's Oskayak Troupe
10 - 11 am Official Ceremonies
11:30 - 1:30 pm Saskatchewan Intercultural Association Entertainment
2 - 2:30 pm Pavlychenko Folklorique Ensemble
3 - 3:45 pm Brock Andrews
4 - 4:45 pm Michele Dubois
5 - 5:45 pm Codie Prevost
6:15 - 7 pm Transcontinental Blues Band
7:30 - 8:30 pm Screamer
9 - 10:30 pm Stuck In The 80's
10:40 pm Fireworks presented by NUTRIEN
Transportation & Parking
- There is no charge to enter the park.
- Paid Parking is available at Prairieland Park at $10.00 per vehicle. Please follow the directions from Prairieland Park attendants. Please be patient at the end of the evening. Saskatoon Police Service will be directing exit traffic on all streets in the area until the traffic has cleared.
- Ride your Bike. Conexus Credit Union is sponsoring a free Bike Valet (secure bike parking) on the grounds. Ride your bike to and from, and don’t worry about traffic!
Ride the Bus to the park, and after the fireworks. The Buses will operate on their Canada Day Holiday Schedule.
Route 1 and Route 19 will be running in the vicinity of Diefenbaker Park via regular Sunday/Holiday service until 9 p.m. Normal fares apply.
Starting at 11:15 pm, after the firework show ends, you can also catch a free ride home with Saskatoon Transit.
Four special routes will leave Diefenbaker Park from a temporary bus stop on St. Henry Ave facing north between Exhibition Grounds Rd and Ruth Street.
Buses will follow a designated route, however, drivers will also stop on request at bus stops or locations where it’s safe to stop.
The four special service routes include:
Bus #1 – will travel to the Downtown Terminal, then continue on 2nd Avenue and Warman Road and will end at the Lawson Heights Mall Terminal.
Bus #2 – will travel to the Downtown Terminal, then continue on 22nd Street and will end at the Confederation Mall Terminal.
Bus #3 – will travel via Ruth Street to the Market Mall Terminal, then continue on Taylor Street and Acadia Drive and will end at the Centre Mall Terminal.
Bus #4 – will travel via 8th Street to the Centre Mall Terminal, then continue on to Central Avenue and 115th Street and will end at the bus stop at Berini Drive and 115th Street.
- Walk to the park….we just ask that you respect the restricted areas, which are the hot zone for fireworks, which is in place from 8 am to midnight.
- Amusement Rides
- Face Painting
- Fire Truck Display
- Canadian Forces Display
- Wyatt Race Vehicles Display